Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh what a ride

There was one last thing we wanted to do on Elba before leaving so we hopped on the bus again, braving the hairpin turns and departed into Marciano.  Of course on the way over the driver tells us there is to be a strike of all buses at 5pm so make sure we get back before that…otherwise, it’s a long long long walk back. 

We saw on a postcard the view from the top of the vernicular but it didn’t show the vernicular.  We arrived and my jaw dropped.  Anyone that really knows me knows of my “Fear of Heights” and I did not take enough Xanax that morning to deal with this but…off we go (and my other predicament…do I share the bucket with John or brave it on my own)…we shared(see the shadow photo):

IMG_1492IMG_1483IMG_1482   IMG_1478 IMG_1494

The view was totally worth it.  We bought panini’s at the bottom and enjoyed lunch on the rocks at the top.  They closed the vernicular for an hour and a half in the afternoon for their lunch time so we just hung out.  We could see the whole Island of Elba from there.  Then hopped on the bus back to Marina Di Campo and we made it back before 5pm to avoid the strike.

No comments: