Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother’s Day 2012

We almost forgot it was Mother’s Day…sailor’s are notorious for forgetting what day it is.  I knew that coming to the Bahamas I wouldn’t have much internet access so I wished all my Mother’s and Friends a Happy Mother’s Day ahead of time.  I really missed my girls today though.  I woke up to a rainbow over the top of us…good way to start the day !

DSC01551

I spent today on Sand Dollar Beach near Georgetown.  Jonathon walked in the low tide shallows with me and we collected a few sand dollars and my prize shell of the year…a Flame Helmet conch.  We also rescued a starfish that was stranded on the beach and put him back in the water.  John removed the snail for me and I have it soaking in bleach to remove the smell.  John cooked up a great grilled chicken dinner too.  What a Great Day!

DSC01563DSC01552DSC01555DSC01559DSC01562

1 comment:

GregK said...

Wow! That's a beautiful shell!

Happy Mothers Day (belated)