Monday, August 29, 2011

What is the special dish in Fornells?

Ok, I have to admit we had a special Spanish friend tell us not to miss the “caldereta de langosta” when we got to Fornells so off we went…on a mission!  It is Lobster Stew and we priced it at every restaurant we passed.  I have to admit that I really didn’t want to pay the typical 60-70 Euro price (about $100) but we found a Special Menu for 45 Euro which included the bread, stuffed aubergine (eggplant), Sangria, water AND dessert…such a deal.

IMG_5778IMG_5784

They covered me in a bib and provided all the lobster utensils a person could ask for.  They have these special scissor/plier things that are very USEFUL!  I will have to get me a few pair…no more nut crackers for me and my lobsters.

The Channel of Fornells Harbour is long and narrow.  We took a walk around the point to see the defense tower and then visited the old British Fort from 1798…not much left of it.  We stopped at the candy store…what a colorful place!  And we realized how far from New York we really are.

IMG_5776IMG_5780

This morning we woke up to a very wet deck which we kind of expected due to the humidity yesterday.  Made for a beautiful departure to Mallorca.

IMG_5787

No comments: