Sunday, March 15, 2009

Another Fish Story



We are on our last legs of our Bahama trip and John and I were discussing things that we wished we had more time for. Johns wish was fishing, mine was snorkeling. Coming from Sandy Point to Port Lucaya is a long day 10 hour day for a sail boat. However, our day became THE DAY for John...yes, he caught the BIG ONE. The fishing pole starts zinging as I grabbed the fishing net. John tells me to put Obie downstairs since we were still sailing along and Obie, being the curious dog he is, wanted in on the action. I put Obie down in the salon and shut the doors, running back to the aft with the fishing net to help John get this fish on board. Trying hard to fit it in the net, we realized it wasn't going to fit so John swings it up on the back deck of the boat. The Mahi Mahi was flapping all over with the hook still in it so I climb up on the arch until John tells me to get the rum. No, he didn't need a drink but the fish did. Rum put in the fish gills instantly kills them so you are not fighting with the fish any longer. I run down looking for the rum, Obie gets back on deck so I have to run back down and lock Obie in the bathroom until things calm down, then he gets to come up for a smell of the fish. So, John's wish came true...now for more snorkeling!!!!

No comments: